The Rubell Family Collection
02 Dec 2015 — 28 May 2016
The Rubell Family Collection/Contemporary Arts Foundation presents NO MAN’S LAND: Women Artists from the Rubell Family Collection, on view in Miami from December 2nd, 2015 through May 28th, 2016. This exhibition will focus on and celebrate work made by more than a hundred female artists of different generations, cultures and disciplines.
These artists will be represented by paintings, photographs, sculptures and video installations that will entirely occupy the Foundation’s 28-gallery, 45,000-square-foot museum. Some galleries will contain individual presentations while others will present thematic groupings of artists. Several installations have been commissioned specifically for this exhibition.
In order to present the exhibition’s scope and diversity the Foundation will rotate artworks on view throughout the course of the exhibition, presenting different artists at different times. All of the artworks in the exhibition are from the Rubells’ permanent collection.
To celebrate the opening of NO MAN’S LAND, Jennifer Rubell will be presenting Devotion, her 12th annual large-scale, food-based installation on December 3, 2015 from 9 to 11 a.m. Devotion will explore the everyday gesture as a medium for the expression of love. Using bread, butter, and a couple engaged to be married as her media, Rubell will transform the simple act of cutting and buttering bread into a poetic exploration of repetition as devotion.
Ultimi da Alfonsoi
- KANDINSKY→CAGE: Musica e Spirituale nell’Arte (11 Novembre 2017 - 25 Febbraio 2018 Reggio Emilia, Palazzo Magnani)
- RIVOLUZIONE GALILEO. La scienza incontra l’arte (18 Novembre 2017 - 18 Marzo 2018 Padova, Palazzo del Monte di Pietà)
- MARINO MARINI. Passioni visive (16 Settembre 2017 - 07 Gennaio 2018 Pistoia, Palazzo Fabroni)
- MIRÒ E MARINO. I colori del Mediterraneo. (6 Settembre 2017 - 07 Gennaio 2018 Pistoia, Palazzo del Tau)
- I NUOVI RITRATTI DI ANNIE LEIBOVITZ ATTESI A MILANO