Institute of Contemporary Art Miami – ICA
01 Dec 2015 — 31 Jan 2016
Alex Bag, The Van (Redux) marks the first major U.S. presentation of the artist’s work since 2009. On view in ICA Miami’s Atrium Gallery, the show centers around one of Bag’s seminal videos, The Van (2001), and features a dramatic new site-specific installation created for the museum’s current location in the landmark Moore Building in Miami’s Design District.
Known for her satirical commentary on contemporary media culture, Bag appears under various guises as a character in many of her video works, offering social critique on such topics as fashion, television, advertising, and the art world. At ICA Miami, The Van is be presented in the original customized Dodge vehicle where the video was performed and recorded, to be parked in the Atrium Gallery. Visitors will be able to sit in the leather and fake pink fur interior to view the film, which depicts Bag as three different fictional artists in a van with their gallerist and discussing the presentation of their work at an art fair.
Ultimi da Alfonsoi
- KANDINSKY→CAGE: Musica e Spirituale nell’Arte (11 Novembre 2017 - 25 Febbraio 2018 Reggio Emilia, Palazzo Magnani)
- RIVOLUZIONE GALILEO. La scienza incontra l’arte (18 Novembre 2017 - 18 Marzo 2018 Padova, Palazzo del Monte di Pietà)
- MARINO MARINI. Passioni visive (16 Settembre 2017 - 07 Gennaio 2018 Pistoia, Palazzo Fabroni)
- MIRÒ E MARINO. I colori del Mediterraneo. (6 Settembre 2017 - 07 Gennaio 2018 Pistoia, Palazzo del Tau)
- I NUOVI RITRATTI DI ANNIE LEIBOVITZ ATTESI A MILANO